[SunRescue] Ultra1

Peter L. Wargo rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 12 11:32:40 CST 2001

It depends on which Ultra1 you are getting - if it is a "E" series system,
you can use a UPA Creator or Creator 3D card in it (As well as an Sbus).
If it is a "non-E" you can only use Sbus.

As for the CG6, it depends on the type.  Forget the dual-slot ones, they
will not work.  Many single-slot ones will, Email me the Part # and I'll
look it up in the FE handbook.

If you're not sure if the Ultra 1 is an "E" or not, just look at the back
panel.  The 'E" series has a F/W (68-pin) SCSI connector off the
motherboard, the "non-E" has a narrow (50-pin) connector.

BTW, if you have an "E" series, I have seen UPA creator 3D cards in the
$50-100 range from time to time.

-Pete

-----
Peter L. Wargo