[SunRescue] The fallacy of frame relay security OT:VPN WAN's

Brian Dunbar rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Feb 12 11:21:24 CST 2001

Christopher;

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject - I'm (as I said) by no
means a subject matter expert - I tried to have   my business card read
"jack of all trades, master of none" but corporate didn't like that - and
any information is helpful.

It was easy to forget that our frame relay traffic is carried on the same
circuit as other peoples - I say WAS as a bum router on San Francisco
belonging to AT&T crippled our DNS service last Friday/Saturday.

I'll stand by my intuition on the final costs (which, for good or ill are
what the VPs see) in that a frame relay, all things considered will at least
be as cost effective as a VPN solution . . but I'd love to see any hard
numbers on that issue.

Anyone?

Brian