[SunRescue] Re: SS2 running headless

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 11 20:57:33 CST 2001

>From what you say, they had consoles, but not dedicated consoles. The
original poster was talking about a machine with no user I/O, just ethernet
access. That is nice, but acces to the machine over another port (serial
console, dedicated tube/keys/mouse, or other) is, at the least, *suggested*
isn't it?

Every machine doesn't need a dedicated console, I am 100% with everyone on
that, but a console connected to a KVM, a serial console connected to a
smart serial switch, or other is a reasonable minimum.

Bottom line, you more options to reset a server than the power switch...

Right?

Ken