[rescue] The fat lady. . .

David Cantrell rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 31 15:40:12 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 08:31:33PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> i think my sennheisers ran around 79$, and from what i understand the
> quality and price reflect one another. i *really* want the 570's but its
> gonna wait awhile.

I have 570s.  They're very good indeed.  In my other life, I'm a location
sound recordist.  I chose them because they have a very flat response so
I can hear very nearly exactly what the microphones are picking up, and
because they have nice big cups so I can wear them comfortably for hours
at a time.

I mainly use Sennheiser mics too.

The 490 sells for around UKP30 and the 570 for UKP60 from richersounds.com.
They also have the 600 for a mere UKP120.  Now those are *seriously* good
cans.

  Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced