[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Boatman on the River of Suck rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 21:09:51 CST 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Amy wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > Oooh.  I don't actually own any great headphones.  Through extensive searching
> > I've managed to find nice speakers for myself, but never headphones.  I tend
> > to go through cheap headphones rather quickly anyway, so I'd be too afraid of
> > going through expensive ones too quickly.
>
> i had the same problem. i was notoriously hard on my "cheap" pair of
> sennheisers before (35 dollar model, 290's maybe?) and i kept running over
> the audio cable with my chair. so when i was finally convinced by a good
> friend (and i owe him for suggesting it) to get the 490's or 570's because
> they have a detachable and replaceable cord plus better sound i was won
> over.

The only problem with the detachable cords is that if they get pulled out
with too much force, you will need new headphones.

> now i have little cable sticky holder thingies that keep the cord from
> getting on the floor (where i roll over it) and i enjoy great sound.
>
> i think my sennheisers ran around 79$, and from what i understand the
> quality and price reflect one another. i *really* want the 570's but its
> gonna wait awhile.

I have the HD-580's (I actually have four pairs.) and I highly recommend
them over the HD-570's, because they sound absolutely indistinguishable
from the HD-600's (there's a considerable difference between the 570 and
the 600).

Peace...  Sridhar