[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 21:51:46 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 10:04:59PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 10:00:01PM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > I'm from old mennonite country where guns and hunting are supposed to be a
> > "rite of passage" of some sort.
>
> I should probably degeneralize that a bit by also pointing out that also have
> Amish (who I don't think usually own guns, but am likely wrong), shootouts over
> drug transactions in heavily black and hispanic parts of the county,
> convience store robbers using rifles with armor piercing ammo, etc.

Excuse me for being a nitpicking jerk, but pretty much any ammo other
than .22LR that comes out of a rifle barrel IS armor-piercing.

The higher velocity of the bullet vs. the velocity of a bullet coming
out of a handgun is what makes it armor-piercing.

There is Class 3 and 4 armor, that can even stop rounds fired from an
AK47, but it is not common, expensive, and you can barely move when
you have it on, IIRC.

./patrick