[rescue] WTF was I thinking?

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 09:05:21 CST 2001

Well its here. The PDP 11/23 from Turner's Falls, MA.

It does appear complete. It is pretty clean. I need to renew my familiarity
with RK02's.

While unloading it from the truck. I made a ramp from 6 2X4's. I swear I
though it would hold. It didn't even try, and now I am picking splinters out
of my foot from where the ramp peices and a 11/23 rack landed on it. This
thing weighs much more than I thought. I've moved lotsa rack stuff in my
life, but this puppy, though only 4ft tall, is a beast. The rack appears to
be still square, and nothing fell off.

So now I am hoping that this survived the fall (about 15 inches). I wouldn't
be surprised that the RK02's are toasted, but I would like to find the 11/23
and such working. The other rack with 2 RK02's came off fine, but the
dockjockey at the company gave it a hearty bang when lowering it into the
truck.

If anyone would be willing to clue me, I could use some powerup/checkout
help and some RK02 clues (like how to remove a diskpack, etc.). Also, is
there a specific console port, or will any RS232 port work? It has been 15
years since I worked with PDP-11's.