[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 21:32:11 CST 2001

> > the first time was to be the last, but for the two years i was in brasil i
> > didn't have much of a choice.  depressing lack of nice computers in that
> > country.  probably since no companies ever got rid of anything until it was
> > truely dead.  shame, IBM does big business there, i'm sure there are quite a
> > few nice computers around down there.
>
> And in your laptops and in your power macs, and....

true, however:

i don't ever take the laptops apart.  simply because none of them have been
mine.  i refuse to buy a laptop since i truely don't need the abilty to be
mobile. i take the time that i'm not sitting in front of my computer to be to
doing something else.  usually to work on *other* computers, but that's better
than say sitting on the couch, watching tv and playing games (which is all i've
found PCs to be useful for so far)

i took the time to install MacOS 8.1 on one of those macs.  i played with it
for an hour or two and decided it was a flaming piece of shit and i wasn't
going to waste my time with it.  never even took the damn thing apart but once
to take pictures of the guts for a friend.  you don't need to unplug the hard-
drive to do that. :)

so i don't count those times.

-brian