[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:58:06 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:17:27PM +0100, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> On 2001.12.27 22:55 Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>
> > What I really want is an O2 with a lot of ram, and the video IO
> > module.

> What I really want is a PowerChallenge with a RE2. ;-)

Bah.  What I really want is a multiracked Onyx2.  More realistically, a
deskside IR w/ MCO or gallileo boards would be great.

> [Impact machine]
> > But at the moment I can't afford either, so I make do with lintel.
> Hmm. Here, in the old world, SGIs are quite cheap. You can get a well
> equiped I2 R10k (High)Impact for less than 2kDM (less than 1kUS$) or a
> lower end Octane R10k for less than 3kDM (1.5kUS$).

A nice Impact (either a High Impact or a Solid Impact) should cost you well
under $400 here.  For an R10k max impact with generous ram, still only $600ish.
But either is out of my price range.  Before too long, if I am feeling panicked
enough, Extremes often go for less than $200, but even that is still to much
for me for a least 3 more weeks, probably longer.

--
Joshua D. Boyd