[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Jochen Kunz rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:17:27 CST 2001

On 2001.12.27 22:55 Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> What I really want is an O2 with a lot of ram, and the video IO
> module.
What I really want is a PowerChallenge with a RE2. ;-)

[Impact machine]
> But at the moment I can't afford either, so I make do with lintel.
Hmm. Here, in the old world, SGIs are quite cheap. You can get a well
equiped I2 R10k (High)Impact for less than 2kDM (less than 1kUS$) or a
lower end Octane R10k for less than 3kDM (1.5kUS$).

Or get a AlphaStation with a Powerstorm 4D50T or 4D60T. I paid 1kDM for
my PWS 500au with 4D50T. It is no SGI, it is not that cool like a I2
Impact, but deliveres the same graphics performance and has a faster
CPU. And you can get the texture RAM in every ordinary PeeCee shop, as
it is PC100 SDRAM.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen