[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Amy rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 16:03:41 CST 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> > and there's gnome. i dont like gnome. that foot graphic annoys me.
>
> Err, watch out.  Gnome is supposed to become the default desktop for solaris
> soon.

sigh. dont remind me.

> I decided that I don't like "desktops", I hate gui file managers, and
> I just plain prefer a WindowMaker style dock to the gnome panel although no
> dock is also pretty much just fine.

i use WM. its kinder, nicer, gentler...no foot...

> > this was a big part of why i began to despise linux. my sound card didnt
> > work. thats a big minus in my book. (i love music)
>
> I've never had trouble getting my SBLive working under linux, but then I've
> only had it since summer of 2000.

hrm, i guess i ran into trouble with it in mid-99 maybe. its hard to
remember. *shrug* awhile ago, at any rate. it didnt work so i threw it out
as an option.

> Are lives even supported under BeOS?
> I couldn't get mine to work with R4.5, but I never tried 5.

same here. wouldnt work under 4.5, and i didnt use 5, so im not sure about
it working now.

--a