[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:50:31 CST 2001

I find a Sound Blaster 16 (plain Jane Creative) to be one of the best ISA
sound cards ever.  Just plug it in and go.  It is the only card that has
survived many upgrades from 486 DX2-66 --> AMD 5x86 133 --> Pentium Pro
150 --> Pentium Pro 200 --> wherever else it might go... and every OS I've
tried likes it ok it's 7 years old and still playing South Park sounds
at random intervals on my computer at work.  Worked with... Solaris 2.5.1
x86, Linux since 1.2.13, all Windows's, OPENSTEP 4.2, and FreeBSD.

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.