[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:49:15 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 04:42:53PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> Do tell, how? Driving unpowered speakers too hard?

Hardware occasionally dies.

She's using a NICE pair of Sennheiser headphones.

I dont know that you can drive a soundcard "too hard"; these
just *died*.  Course, they were both in an ABit BH6 motherboard
that has since gone to meet its maker, so maybe the mobo was to
blame.  Never had problems with anything else in the machine, but
the board (or the cpu that was in it) gave up a couple months ago.

I "replaced" it with my AMD 700Mhz Athlon box, since I'm all-mac/sparc
now.

Bill
--
Bill Bradford