[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:42:53 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 04:12 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 03:03:31PM -0600, Amy wrote:
>>> Then grab a SBLive!
>> i've gone through three of these. wonderful sound cards, cant rave
>> enough
>> about them (they work great and stand up to cat hair and renovation
>> dust).
>
> She's the only person I know who can *wear out* a sound card. 8-)
>
> (yes, she's on her THIRD SBLive!.  I think when this one goes, we'll get
>  her an Audigy, or will have upgraded to an nForce-based board by
> then..)

Do tell, how? Driving unpowered speakers too hard?

I had a 3Com NIC go bad on me the other day, it took me a full 45
minutes to fully appreciate that the hardware *could* fail (I assumed
and questioned every software setting first - twice!). It was a 3Com
509B - can I really send it in for another one (lifetime warranty exp.
anyone)?

I am not used to hardware breaking, maybe I just under-use my hardware
so it never stresses/fails...

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com
n2vip at mac.com