[rescue] The fat lady. . .

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 15:17:08 CST 2001

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Amy wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Paul Sladen wrote:
>
> > Grab yourself, a copy of Debian (www.debian.org)
>
> no offense to anyone here, but i dont like linux. in fact, i abhor it.
> despise it. hate it. its not my thing.

<knee-jerk punchline-grabbing mode>
  Debian is a GNU operating system and this is what I use.  You may use
  Debian GNU/Hurd if you can't stand one particular kernel--I believe
  I heard GNU/Darwin might also in the works...
</knee-jerk punchline-grabbing mode>

<frustration mode>
  (GNU, Debian, Free Software, RMS) != (Red Hat, Linux, Open Source, ESR)
</frustration mode>

	-Paul

Urk... this post is going to end up far too high up in future Googles...:)
--
Nottingham, GB