[rescue] We are stumped... (SSH between Powerbook & Solaris box)

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 09:50:23 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 27, 2001, at 10:15 AM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 07:47:10AM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
>> Amy, if you are serious, I find your
>> comment a bit insulting, as neither I, nor any of the many learned
>> folks
>> on this list who have tried could figure out this problem so far,
>> including both Bill and Pete.
>
> Wow, I love how you assume that I dont know whats going on, or that I
> dont know what the problem is....

I wasn't assuming - you had contributed, but AFAIK we have not solved
the problem, it is still in play...

> I *know* what the problem is.  For some reason, occasionally, either
> Basenji's SSH daemon is refusing connections, or something "in between"
> you and the other box is causing your ssh daemon to think so.

Exactly - this is where I was when I sent out the first post...

> Is the PowerBook Ti on a wireless card?

<cartman voice>
Of course it's on a wireless card!*
</cartman voice>

*Read like "Of course I want cheesy poofs!"

But, the Windows laptop that has no problem is also on a wireless card.
I can set the two laptops up next to each other (it is, after all a
large lap!) and the Win laptop will get in *every* time, the PowerBook
*may* get in once in a blue-moon...

Thanks,

Ken

n2vip at yahoo.com