[rescue] Any cool toys?

bill pointon rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 27 05:25:40 CST 2001

the metal stuff was from the classic erector sets -- they even had an ac
motor with either a fast shaft drive or a forward/reverse speed
reduction and torque multiplying gearbox in the old sets -- if you added
some assorted gears and junk box parts you could produce some powerful
and dangerous machinery --- i had my own turning lathe drill press and
circular saw that i built---- all of the external drive mechanics that
they supplied were for belt drives -- they relied on belt slippage for
safety i think ------ but then i guess someone got hurt cause they went
to a crummy little battery pack in later sets -- billp