[rescue] Sync on Green

Jochen Kunz rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 14:47:41 CST 2001

On 2001.12.26 20:45 wlewis at mailbag.com wrote:

> I have a dec VRC-16 color monitor for my Vaxstation which I understand
> is a sync on green. I also understand that the SGI Indy I recently got
my
> mits on needs a sync on green monitor. Hence with a 13w3 to 3(?) bnc I

> might be able to get it to work with the SGI. Anyone here done this or
> know of a reason why it won't work?
I am using a a HP A1097C monitor with my HP9k712 and my alphas, I am
using some SGI labled Sony GDM 20D?? with my Indigo2, one alpha, and
with a C-sync => sync on green adapter with my sparcs, .... All sync on
green. No problems, as long as the monitor matches the H-sync frequency.
Just give it a try. As log as you don't feed the monitor for houres with
a H-sync frequency that it can not sync to, nothing will be damaged.
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen