[rescue] Any cool toys?

Paul Sladen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 26 13:36:09 CST 2001

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 12:20:16PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> > so ar i've been happy with the metroliner set. its one fault is that for
> > some reason it doesnt come with the 9v transformerm so you have to get it
> > separately.
>
> Maybe A/C/D/9V cells arent standardized world-wide (? anybody in .uk or
> otherwise care to let me know?) and they have a different transformer
> kit (for different batteries) for different countries?

Here in GB (.uk to non-ISO types), both the RCX, and el-bog-standard LEGO
battery base case take 6xAA, which produce the 9v that everything seems to
use.  And several [many] years ago I used a transformer on a timer-switch to
drive a LEGO motor to turn a compressor, to make a pneumatic piston press a
switch, whilst I was going to be out--so this could be an option for you.

(Hint:  standard, varible model-railway transformer is possibley a good
choice).

The other thing that's interesting^W er, bugging me, is that over here;
`LEGO', is the plural, as well as the singular.... yet every reference I've
seen so far on the list [from those State side] has been to `LEGOS'...(again
in both tenses)?  Do you guys have different packaging?

	-Paul
--
Nottingham, GB