[rescue] Any cool toys?

Rebecca Ore rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 25 20:30:56 CST 2001

On Tue, 25 Dec 2001, Linc Fessenden wrote:

> > Tomorrow, I get a rescue Border Terrier who has growled at
>
> That is most cool.  Many people would just have the dog put down
> (seriously - I used to work at an animal shelter).  There are a lot of dog
> breeds that aren't normally child tested and approved - a lot of terriers
> are like that.  People just get them because they want a little dog,
> thinking they are easier to take care of.  Kudo's and congratulations!

They seem to be well-intentioned toward the dog, just don't have the time to
work with him (both work, she's in graduate school).

Border Terrier Rescue wouldn't place him if he'd actually bitten anyone.  The
coordinator talked with the dog day care people who've spent a lot of time with
him.  The consensus is that he needs an owner who can work with him.

I've owned a Border Terrier before -- they can be good with children, but the
children need to be good with them, too.

--
Rebecca Ore
http://www.ogoense.net