[rescue] Any cool toys?

Linc Fessenden rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 25 20:06:34 CST 2001

> Tomorrow, I get a rescue Border Terrier who has growled at the relinguishers'
> 18 month old daughter.  He's 4-1/2 years old, neutered male with his own
> collection of toys, two crates, two carry-on bags, a Gentle Leader, a Flexi
> leash, and a sweater.  He has Crohn's Disease, possibly from not being allowed
> to be a terrier, but under control with diet, in any case.
>
> He gets to go to work with me the first couple of weeks or until someone says
> he has to stay home.
>
> He didn't bite anyone; he didn't even snap at the child.
>
> I think if we can get him to reboot machines and pull cable, he'll have a job.
>
> So, the day after Christmas, I'm getting the dog's toys.  They're renting a car
> to get all this to me.

That is most cool.  Many people would just have the dog put down
(seriously - I used to work at an animal shelter).  There are a lot of dog
breeds that aren't normally child tested and approved - a lot of terriers
are like that.  People just get them because they want a little dog,
thinking they are easier to take care of.  Kudo's and congratulations!

-Linc Fessenden