[rescue] apology

Kurt Huhn rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 25 16:41:55 CST 2001

> > Or motorcyclists "Which do like better, Harley or [insert japanese brand
> > here]?"
>
> I didn't think this was as much of a religous issue as a what kind of
riding
> you want to do.  I see the Harley, Honda Goldwing, and Kawasaki crowds as
very
> different people who might someday switch to another bike, but there isn't
> much trying to force people to change.  I mean, a preppy kid isn't going
> want to cruise on long drive with a roar in front of him, he is going to
want
> to howl down the streets at high speeds popping wheelies.

Totally a religious issue.

Kawasaki makes a line of Harley-esque bikes, the Vulcan line.  Suzuki has
the Intruder and Volusia.  Yamaha has the V-Star and Road Star lines.  Honda
also makes several cruisers in the "Harley style".

Harley riders have a strong animosity towards any motorcycle other than a
Harley.  Other folks don't understand how someone could pay over $17k for
the Harley nameplate.  Cruiser vs Sportbike is another issue entirely....

You should have seen the faces of my riding buddies when I told them I
canceled the order on the Sportster and was saving up for a Volusia.  I'm
not allowed to go to any more HOG meetings (despite having an Ironhead in
the garage undergoing restoration).

Kurt