OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Brian Hechinger rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 24 07:05:58 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 09:14:31PM -0500, Kevin Loch wrote:
> It depends as much on how the system and kernel is configured
> as the hardware.  I have also found that defective hardware knows
> no archetecture/brand.

i used to work with one of the guys who did FreeBSD/x86 SMP work years and
years ago.  he turned me on to this company known as Gigabyte.  they were the
ones who made the dual CPU mobo that ftp.cdrom.com used.  he bought a couple
of them to build NT and FreeBSD machines at Lucent.  fabulous motherboards.
i've been a Gigabyte fanatic ever since.  well, i would be if i owned a PC. :)

-brian