[rescue] Re: OT Linux

Patrick Giagnocavo rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 23 23:16:09 CST 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 07:07:39PM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
> Oracle works for SHIT on linux/intel.  It is SO MOTHER FUCKING PICKY!!!
>
> </rant>

Then don't user Oracle.  How tough is that?

You can get 90% of what Oracle does with Postgres, for free.

> >I can't say anything about heavy loads, obviously, but I have several
> >boxes that everyone in my office depends on daily. I get very few
> >complaints.
>
> All my DB boxes are linux/intel, over my (quite loud) objections.
> This is a 500k database driven email/day site.

You should be able to do this with ONE recent x86 box.  Plus another
box to do nothing but handle the email sending and receiving.

Maybe your data model sucks.  Maybe you aren't using bind variables
properly.

Seriously, it should not be a problem.

./patrick