[rescue] Re: [geeks] I think I need to change my pants...

Eric Dittman rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 23 12:08:02 CST 2001

> Yes, that is exactly what the notebooks 'round here do.  Word on the notebook
> LCD, IE on the 17"CRT, or whatever combo you want.  Now, the notebooks we have
> top out at 1024x768, but PC notebooks that support up to 1440x??? (I think
> ???=960, but not sure) have been available for sometime from Dell with a
> GeForce 2MX videochipset, making it probably the fastest notebook video display
> with the possible exception of some of the higher end tadpole SPARC books.  Err
> I base this statement on the idea that the TiBooks still use ATI chips.  If
> they have in fact switched to GeForces, then I'm sure they are just as fast, if
> not faster.

Actually, PC notebooks are available with 1600x1200 displays.  The Inspiron 8100
is available with a 1600x1200 display and either a GeForce2Go with either 16MB
or 32MB of DDR RAM or an ATI Mobility RADEON 7500 with 64MB of DDR RAM.

Apple does have some neat products, but after the way they screwed the IIfx and
A/UX owners I dropped them and swore I'd never buy another Mac.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net