[rescue] Re: [geeks] I think I need to change my pants... ;^)

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 23:06:37 CST 2001

On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 11:46:24PM -0500, Ken Hansen wrote:
> What is a pud? (is that some Mac-ism?)

Don't know where it comes from, but I've heard it other places unrelated to
computers.

> I *love* the screen (that was reasons one and two for me getting this baby),
> the third is the "extended" screen available by adding an external monitor
> (dual-head laptop baby!)...

Interestingly, every notebook in this house that is better than a P75 supports
using an external monitor for dual screen action.  Nobody uses it though.  I
don't because my notebook has Win95 (the notebook is supplied by work this way,
although I keep hoping to be able to get a Win2k upgrade).

> > Way cool, dood.  Welcome to the G4 club.  Altivec for fun and profit...
> > :)
>
> No, Pete - it's 8^P

It is kinda important to note that not all G4s have Altivec, only Motorola
G4s.  On the upside, IBM G4s have better FP performance.  Why was that
important?  I forget. ;(

> My wife just shavkes her head and says "I can't believe you got a Mac" (I
> used to mock them so... (check the early Macweenie posts :^(

I have never mocked Macs, although I have been heard to mock MacOS Classic.
This should help save me a lot of embarassement.  Sure, some people at school
may try to mock me, but most of them are pud-thumpers anyway.

--
Joshua D. Boyd