OT Linux (RE: [rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?)

Fogg, James rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 09:30:35 CST 2001

~ > Anyone ever set up a OBSD box as a dial-out (modem) router
~ > with NAT and dynamic IP addressing from the ISP?

Not OBSD. If you are dedicated to using OBSD, stop reading now.

The hotshit way to do this is with LRP (linux router project). Did it for
several years.

->modem->dial_on_demand->pppd->ipfw->lrp->dhcpd->cacheing_nameserver->ethern
et->users.

Whats more cool, is that LRP only needs a floppy drive and 8M ram. No fixed
disk filesysem to get fscked in case of power failure, no video
expense/space, no keyboard (requires BIOS support for
boot_with_no_keyboard).

Now I use a Linksys DSL router and am as happy as a pig in poo. I think
Linksys may make a box as you describe for dial-in users.