[rescue] Sun keyboard on Mac

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 05:45:55 CST 2001

I only have exp. with the PS/2-only model of the HH keyboards, but I seem to
recall they required a hardware switch (a DIP switch on the bottom) to
change modes.

Besides, an intelligent KVM will only present a PS/2 "dummy" keyboard when
the physical keyboard is not connected to the port in question. Your model
would be along the lines of a "dumb" KVM, simply passing the wires
straight-through, but I think you would run the risk of dropping the server
when your sparc lost connection to a real keyboard through such a switch.

Just my thoughts, I defer to anyone with first-hand exp. with these
issues...

Ken