[rescue] What am I worth in America ?

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 15 21:48:04 CST 2001

Jeez, you didn't drive/ride the bus from Jim Thorpe PA to NYC did you? ;^)

I had a boss in Manhattan that lived near Woodstock, NY and drove about
30-40 minutes to a train station, took the train into the wrong side of
Manhattan, where he picked up a buss, then walked the last few blocks toour
office...

I simply took the train to Penn Station, and from there I walked 3-5 blocks
to the office. I wouldn't have taken the job were the commute any longer (<
1 hr. on train, always got a seat by getting on where the train started
from, Trenton, NJ).

Where I live now is great (Pennington, NJ), as I am an hour or less out of
Philadelphia, North Jersey, and NYC is just over an hour (drive & train).

Houses are on the expensive side here, but tend to be in nice neighborhoods,
big yards (3/4 acre up to 2 acres are quite common). Also there are *many*
opportunities within easy driving istance (esp. if you like Merrill Lynch,
Bristol-Meyers Squibb, Johnson & Johnson, AT&T, Telcordia, and ETS).

I just got back from NYC (took my son to see "A Christmas Carol" at Madison
Square Garden (good show), have lunch at Carmines on 44th street,and (most
important for my son) ride the train in and out of NYC) - bottom line, I
don't miss it.

Not one little bit.

But it can be a nice place to visit, briefly - best done on someone elses
dime too. ;^)

Ken