[rescue] Reseller question

Bill Bradford rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 14 01:04:28 CST 2001

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 01:41:06AM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> While I am a reseller, I like Ken, Bill and others here am also a collector of
> Sun and other significant, ok and some insignificant, computer items. I from
>time to time come accross some very cool stuff that I feel would be best shared
> within the community of us rescue denziens. Would this be considered fair game
> to mention on the other than sales lists?? Providing of course that this was
>not mentioned on an hourly basis or so?:) I personally have no problem with the
>offering of cool and obscure goodies to the list members from anybody. hell I
>wanna hear about the cool goodies!
> Of couse having a pile of SS 5's or Ultra's for sale would be the wrong
> idea......
> Does this sound reasonable?
> -Mike N

Of course!  Please PLEASE share your finds.

Its if you buy a ton of stuff and then try to resell it here at a major
profit, when it turns into "reseller".  For example:

NOT RESELLER: the "everyone get together and buy the batch of SGI stuff
		off ebay"

RESELLER: Ken's "I bought a bunch of U1s from ComDisco, buy now for $120 each!"
	(sorry to use you as an example, Ken..)

The anti-reseller rules are mainly to keep the big commercial places from
spamming our lists...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford