[rescue] SPARCstation IPC power supply

Ken Hansen rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 11 17:50:20 CST 2001

ACK!

Stop everything and go to the video store and rent "The Money Pit." I leave
it to you to draw the parallel between your IPC and the "renovation" project
in the movie...

If you are not careful, you could find yourself into this IPC for $30-40 **
WAY TOO MUCH ** IMHO.

Is an IPC useful? Sure, but would anyone on this list invest $30 or more in
one? Really? I would suggest you look for a cheap LX, or better yet, keep a
look out for a cheap SS/5, SS/10/20 or even an Ultra 1-170 - all can be had
for $100-150 nicely equipped, and will allow you to run Solaris 8, X
Windows, etc. Your IPC will be good for little more than an X Terminal or
telnet box I suspect.

Think *real hard* before investing any more money in the box. If you want to
do it for the exercise of rescuing it, fine - that is great, but realize
what you will wind up with.

HTH,

Ken