[rescue] Interactive Unix?

Greg A. Woods rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 10 14:26:41 CST 2001

[ On Monday, December 10, 2001 at 13:46:05 (-0600), Randy Bowie wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [rescue] Interactive Unix?
>
> I thought Interactive Unix was a SCO competitor.

Yup.

> I think Sun bought Interactive Unix which then became Solaris for Intel.

I don't remember that.  IIRC, Solaris for Intel started life as just a
port of SunOS-5 to i386, originally done for the Sun 386i box.

I don't know who ended up with ISC after Eastman Kodak, if indeed it's
not still a subsiduary of Kodak.  Perhaps you're thinking of Ron
Lachman's work with Sun to develop NFS while he was operating Lachman
Associates.  Or Praxsys.  Lachman also was cofounder of Praxsys,
develpers of the WABI stuff, and they sold Praxsys to Sun in about 1992.

--
								Greg A. Woods