[rescue] Spaceballs.

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 9 19:10:07 CST 2001

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 03:48:44PM -0600, Scott Newell wrote:
> Then I probably don't know what I'm talking about... ;-)  My library isn't
> very deep in color theory, although I was recently fascinated by the
> Walter/Wendy Carlos page on retinex :
>

> http://www.wendycarlos.com/colorvis/retinex.html

Bookmarked it for later reading.

> Josh, go grab a EE signals and systems book, or a basic image processing
> book.  They should cover both the 1d and 2d Fourier continuous and discrete
> transforms.  It's a lot of fun to look at the mag and phase of 2d
> transforms and compare to the original image.

Could you make any recommendations for such a book?  Maybe my schools library
would have it for me to take out over the break.

> Here's something goggle turned up:
> http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/pbourke/analysis/fft2d/

Bookmarked that also.

(I tend to use my bookmark menu as a stack of things to read.  Stuff that is
really to be saved goes in a semi-searchable database.)

--
Joshua D. Boyd