[rescue] Spaceballs.

Big Endian rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 7 16:14:14 CST 2001

>I've got a spaceball, and it has a connector precisely like a sun
>keyboard (sorry, i don't know the name of the connector) I've never done
>anything with it, it's just been sitting around for a few years.  Anyone
>know if this thing works in solaris?

DIN 8, DO NOT PLUG THAT INTO A KEYBOARD PORT.  Its RS422, the serial
standard used by Macs and SGI systems for a time(Indigo2s, Indys,
Ingigo?[not sure on this one]).  I'm sure there are drivers for
solars but you really need a 3d app to use them right... think of a
6deg of freedom 3d mouse.  They are primarily used for 3d simuations
and such.  Good stuff though.

daniel