[rescue] Re: rescue digest, Vol 1 #2371 - 18 msgs

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 14:45:32 CST 2001

> From: Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com>
> On Thu, 06 Dec 2001, you wrote:

> > The other issues I am running into are that the mouse and video drivers
> > provided by the sunpci software kit do not seem to be acting right - The
> > mouse still needs to attached in the my meta-m and the video driver gives an
> > error on startup but if you try to change it from the VGA/16color driver to
> > the sun workstation screen driver it BSOD's.
>
> Did you do as the instructions said and go to the directory after the inital
> install and load new drivers?

Yep. I was following the 1.3 Readme/Release notes as I did the install. The
pkgadd gave a complaint about the bios prom being protected, but the
f:\drivers\win95\setup.exe ran fine and claimed to install correctly. It was
after I rebooted the card that the trouble started. I had hoped that perhaps
the drivers were failing due to the older version of the bios on board the
prom. I found 2 patches for 1.3 on Sunsolve as well as an OpenBoot prom update
for my Blade 100 that I'll install tonight to see if that clears up any of the
headaches.