[rescue] Alternatives to BIND?

Thomas Steffen rescue at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 5 01:50:55 CST 2001

Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> writes:

> Any suggestions for a lightweight alternative to BIND?  I would look
> at djbdns, but for his "must install my daemontools and svscan and this
> and that..." policy...

Been there, done that :-)

For my problem (DNS proxy and small subnet) I have used dnrd. Apart
from the usual porting stuff (solaris libs etc) there is one serious
endian problem in the DNS-code. I did send in some patches, but I am
unsure whether they are incorporated yet.

So if you want to use dnrd on Solaris, I can send you the patch.

		    Thomas <thomas.steffen at uni-bochum.de>
--
Umweltfreundlich, da aus recycleten Buchstaben.