[rescue] Alternatives to BIND?

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 16:25:53 CST 2001

mrbill at mrbill.net writes:

>Any suggestions for a lightweight alternative to BIND?  I would look
>at djbdns, but for his "must install my daemontools and svscan and this
>and that..." policy...

The extra crap that you're supposed to use with djbdns is insane,
but I found it was quickly written out of the scripts, and I've been
using the dns programs without the rest of it quite happily since then.

(Unless I'm hopelessly confused, I did find that the docs for some
of the config file formats is misleading in the area of MX records,
and I had to bash at it randomly untill I found something that worked.)

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------