[rescue] SparcStation Voyager - hard drive

Mike Nicewonger rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 18:56:36 CST 2001

On Tue, 04 Dec 2001, you wrote:
> Mike,
>
> Who used them before you got them - govt, private company? Just curious how
> you came into upwards of 6 (or more) of these rare machines...

Various sources. Of course if I told where I got them I'd have to kill you. 2
were junk, the rest of the pile made for 4 useful machines. I have 2, and made
deals with 2 other list members for nice working machines.

> BTW, www.powerbook1.com is now sellig 10 gig HDs w/IDE-SCSI adapter for
> $399 - used to be 6.4 gig...

Not a good deal. The adapter is $185 shipped by it's self. So that means they
are charging $214 for a 10 GB drive. I just bought a 20 GB drive for my Toshiba
for $150.

Mike N