[rescue] OT [FWD LOCAL: Time Cube debate at MIT]]

Andrew Weiss rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 17:45:02 CST 2001

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:

> Actually it's funny that of all the things you could criticize Jack
> Chick's stuff for, you hit on the things that are actually accurate. I
> would have thought that blaming the Catholics for the rise of Communism
> and Hitler (under which millions of Polish Catholics died for one) would
> have jumped out at you.

I didn't read that one... I was too sick of the crap by that time.

> AIDS is often prevented by condom use, but it is not 100% effective.
> There are voids in the material in some cases; and they do fail a
> certain percentage of the time.

Oh certainly... the material was presented such that they let things
through all the time even if they don't fail for other purposes... anyhow
I was talking about a tested and known good condom.

> Islam's history is in fact based on the worship of the moon god, not the
> Allah that Muslims claim to be the same as the one God that Jews and
> Christians worship.

That was the one I read.  I almost thought it was halfway decent.
I think the last one I read I went looking for because I have problems
with the whole fear of sex/sex is evil/no sex before marriage thing, and I
figured that if I could stomach a cartoon or two as a point of thought
without going that's total biased B.S... I'd go looking for their take on
sexual matters... I wasn't happy with it at that point.  So I left.

Anyhow

> Muslim's respect for other religions is just pure unadulterated
> bee-ess.  Don't take my word for it - go read the Koran online.

What I did read of it online was awfully depressing and "loveless".  Even
the kindest most informative sites point to a religion of intolerance, the
sword, and a lack of love.

AJ

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.