[rescue] OT: Stuffed Proliant?

Al Potter rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 13:04:22 CST 2001

mturner at whro.org said:
> 	Got a friend who got shot point blank with a .25 in the back of the
> head. Bullet bounced and he only ended up with a flesh wound. The
> damamge was low enough he managed to pull his pants up and get out of
> the house before the guy found something more substantial to avenge
> his honor with.

I watched a townie pull a .38 snubbie out of his boot and shoot a football
player (lineman) in the chest from about 10 feet distance at a frat party
while I was in college.  Both were drunk.

It sat the football player down.  Then he got up, took the pistol away from
the townie, and proceeded to beat the crap out of him with it.  The EMTs had
some trouble getting the football player to lie down on stretcher to get in
the ambulance, the other guy was less trouble since he was unconscious, and
in general in much worse shape at the end of the evening.

Turns out the bullet lodged in (and fractured) his sternum.  He was out of
the hospital after a couple of days, and back in class by the end of the
week.

Lesson 1:  If you're gonna shoot somebody, use a REAL cartridge.  .38s work,
but look for +p loadings, and keep track of the number of rounds like this
you fire.  It will eventually destroy the integrity of the firearm.

Lesson 2:  Don't let go of the gun.

AL

Disclaimer:  Not advocating violence.....