[rescue] NVRAM images

Scott Newell rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 11:24:39 CST 2001

>adhesive off). This chip looks like two; one normal DIP and a "piggyback"
>module. Has anyone X-rayed this chip to see if the rest of the piggyback
>is needed once the battery is removed?

Don't need an x-ray to know that there's a 32.768 kHz crystal in the
piggyback module, along with the battery.  I don't know where the battery
backup supervisor circuit is.

>So I just need to notch the chip and add a battery... gee.. almost sounds
>easy...

Pretty much.  I mod'd one by adding a battery backup supervisor, lifting a
pin, and sucking +5 from the mobo.  I don't like it--it's too ugly, in
comparison.

newell