[rescue] NVRAM images

Kris Kirby rescue at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 4 11:07:48 CST 2001

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001, Jeff Borisch wrote:
> For the list member who is working on rebatterying their NVRAM...
>
> http://homepage.mac.com/horshacktest/NVRAM/
>
> This page has the photos I made of the NVRAM I cut up. It's not very
> detailed but hopefully it will be helpful.
>
> Let me know what is not clear and I can add details to the page.

I've just started on this process myself; I pulled the NVRAM, removed the
barcode (fscker just came of - I had the scrape the remaining paper and
adhesive off). This chip looks like two; one normal DIP and a "piggyback"
module. Has anyone X-rayed this chip to see if the rest of the piggyback
is needed once the battery is removed?

So I just need to notch the chip and add a battery... gee.. almost sounds
easy...

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   | IM: KrisBSD