[rescue] FDDI

Mark Price rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 3 19:39:18 CST 2001

I just got a 16-port Cisco FDDI concentrator off of ebay.. I have plenty
of
cables also, but no cards.  Most of what I see on eBay is actually CDDI
stuff listed as FDDI, or EISA FDDI cards.  There are a few sun cards
too.

Is there any support for Sun SBUS FDDI cards under a non-Sun OS?  Any
of the BSDs or Linux?  From what I have found from googling, the answer
is no due to a crappy chipset.

Is there any support for Sun PCI FDDI cards on a x86 machine? with a
non-Sun OS?

if anyone has a source for some regular pee-sea fddi cards that would be

cool.  thanks

Mark