[rescue] Re: nuking from orbit

BSD Bob the old greybeard BSD freak rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 12:59:23 CDT 2001

> > Actually, i do believe Netware was around long before NT   ;)  Who's moving
> > into who's market?
>
> I think he meant that the *people* who were Novell's market were moving
> towards NT.

Actually, that is exactly what happened around here.  First we were
unix based.  Then, to be like the herd, we went to Novell, and that
was a total flop, and then we went to NT, and that is been workable,
but lots of trouble over the years.  Funny, the original unix server
we started off with in 1988, ran silently, without fuss, on past y2k
when it was retired, as being ``useless''.  The silly thing is still
trucking along, quietly, with no fuss, in my basement, after I picked
it up for 5 bucks surplus.  Good unix stuff runs forever..... it is
unbreakable.... but at 20mhz, it is a tad slow, by todays standards.
(:+}}...

> > > It does work, and it will work tomorrow, and next week, and next

Yup.

Rant, nah, just reality.....

Bob