[rescue] Need input... need input... on SparcBook2

Frederick Lefebvre rescue at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 12:51:42 CDT 2001

------_=_NextPart_001_01C13245.97DC1640

I had the same problem a few years back with a SparcStation 2.  The eprom
was locked by the maintenance password.  A sun rep from Sun told me about
the way he once solved that problem with a SS5.  It sounds weird but I did
it and it actually works.

He it goes...
	1)  You switch the eprom from the good machine to the bad one.
          (This is what could be you main problem since I've got no idea if
you can remove the eprom from the SparcBook)

	2)  You boot the bad machine with the eprom from the good one.

	3)  Once you've got yuour OK prompt, you change back the eprom
without stoping the machine.

	4)  So you now have SparcBook with a locked eprom but you've passed
the password stage.

	5)  You now have write access to the eprom and you can change the
password (just look in the open boot documentation for the exact command.)

have fun

Fred