[rescue] 670MP funzies....PC card too?

Joshua D Boyd rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 22:02:35 CDT 2001

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 02:41:46PM -0400, John wrote:
> 	You could always run something like Bochs. It's supposed to give 100% PC
> emulation and I think you can get the source code. You install to a drive
> image file. If that one fails, there are others you can try. Sure it will be
> slow, but windows is always slow anyway.

Bochs is really, really slow, and isn't really meant for running
windows.  More like for debugging stuff, reverse engineering stuff, etc.

VMWare on the other hand is rather sharp.  It probably isn't fit for
games, but it runs Word, Quicken, Mathematica, and other less performance
intensive programs just fine.  Actually, it isn't performance intensive
programs that are reportedly problematic, but rather graphics intensive
programs.  I know lots of people who run VMWare and swear by it.  The only
reason I would have to run VMWare would be for games, and since those
don't work so well...

Actually, I also would like to be able to run PocketSmalltalk.  You would
think it would work in WINE, but it didn't the last I tried.  A linux port
is in alpha, but they haven't released it to anyone yet.

--
Joshua D. Boyd