[rescue] 670MP funzies....PC card too?

John rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 13:41:46 CDT 2001

>>> I would, but you know how the ol' other half counterpart syndrome
goes...
>>> she gots ta haves 'er Gatesware thingy.  I would love to dispense with
>>> it into the dumpster, but..... I am the only one around the house that
>>> speaks any *nixese.  The kids and mom are strictly Gatesware types.
>>> Mebbie I didn't do enuf pennance in a prior life.....(:+{{.....
>
>>Has she ever considered the joys of Mac land?  If you can convert her,
>>then dealing with the kids should be no problem.  Just tell that they will
>>use linux and linux games until they feel like buying their own freeking
>> computers.

>Well, she is rabid into W2k or whatever her recent update is at the office.
>She used to run macs at one place she worked, but now it is all Gatesware
>for her.  The kid runs what the schools run.  But, now and then I can get
>the kid to browse on the Suntoyz here in the office.  There may be some
>hope for the kid, yet....(:+}}... I ought to outfit the kid with a good
>SunLinux box as a starter, perhaps....hmmmm, something to think about.

>Bob

	I lucked out. Not only is my wife a techie, but she is into all things UNIX
and Linux. We both consider Mac a fate worse than death. Our "Sprout" seems
only interested in my UNIX and Linux books. At three years of age(almost)
that gives me much hope. Windows is fine if all you want is to play games or
use something else that has yet to be ported. My wife continually curses her
work for allowing the accursed Win2K into the building.
	You could always run something like Bochs. It's supposed to give 100% PC
emulation and I think you can get the source code. You install to a drive
image file. If that one fails, there are others you can try. Sure it will be
slow, but windows is always slow anyway.

John at tequies.com