[rescue] Re: nuking from orbit

Stuart E. Johnson rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 10:26:05 CDT 2001

***SIGH***

There's some old Dataproducts CMI Datastore 33 core stacks sitting up at the
local Lockheed-Martin surplus store that they won't sell to us as
paperweights. Guess that data is critical.

I also had to sign a statement that I wouldn't export my CRAY-2 memory
module to any countries on the State Department's proscribed exports list
before they'd give me one (although it was DRAM - doubt that it retained
anything).  Good 'ol SN2001; we tried to rescue her, but the corporate
lawyers objected on national security grounds. And a colleague had
determined that he could power the thing with just 3 wind-driven
generators... She was scrapped with extreme predjudice %^P.
--
   -Stuart Johnson