[rescue] nuking from orbit

Michael S. Schiller rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 10:11:15 CDT 2001

Hmm... I wonder if a device could be made with a bit of thermite in it, so that
pushing a button would actually melt the whole drive (and probably kill the
computer too) so that that the data is unreadable. Sort of like the flash paper the
bookies used to use :)

-Mike

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> > > Oh, and by the way, the NSA can kiss my butt.
> > > I  _DEFY_  them to come and crack my box.
> >
> > I think they would;  They would come to your house, `carefully' knock the
> > window through with a large sledgehammer.  /Physcially/ remove the computer
> > in question.  `Carefully' open the case with a large tin-opener.  And remove
> > the drive.
>
> Didn't he mention that when ever glass breaks, or anything like that, his
> thermite lined computer room is ignited?
>
> > Place the disk in a vacuum chamber.  `Carefully' break the disk open (I
> > expect it would be micro-drivers and twiessers this time!).  And summarily
> > take their time with the rest of the gentle process.
>
> I see he also forgot to mention that the hard drive is just a dummy.  The
> real data gets stored in a blackhole created inside the l2 cache.
>
> --
> Joshua D. Boyd

-Mike
*PGP fingerprint= D2 4F A8 B7 13 D5 73 1E  48 99 40 99 F9 BC 74 74 *
*Email: schiller at agrijag.com       \|||/    http://www.agrijag.com *
*Voice: 423-625-6349               (o o)    FAX: 423-623-9054      *