[rescue] Re: Ultra 10, yet again

Robert Novak rescue at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 30 10:10:00 CDT 2001

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 s at avoidant.org wrote:

> Hrm. I'm thinking now that it's a memory error. Unless I'm totally
> off-base, but when booting, the OBP usually says "Initializing
> Memory", but now it says something like "Initializing 240Mb" or
> Initializing 252Mb" or similar. I'm suspecting it's one of the DIMMs.

Check to see what selftest-#megs is in the prom. Actually, is that option
even there in the Ultras? I'm not seeing it from the eeprom command on my
t1 or my u1.

> So who was it had some RAM for an Ultra 10, and what do you want for it?

I have some, contact me offlist if you're interested.

--Rob

        "And it's been a long December and there's reason to believe
           Maybe this year will be better than the last...." -- counting crows